Cascading Borealis Pack
Welcome to the forum of the Cascading Borealis. We are a literate WolfQuest based role playing pack. We allow canids of any kind, and allow members who don't have WolfQuest as well. Feel free to explore the site, and consider joining.
-Thanks c:
Cascading Borealis Pack
Welcome to the forum of the Cascading Borealis. We are a literate WolfQuest based role playing pack. We allow canids of any kind, and allow members who don't have WolfQuest as well. Feel free to explore the site, and consider joining.
-Thanks c:
Cascading Borealis Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cascading Borealis Pack

Literate Canine Role-Play Site

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fenris

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Riley
First in Command
Riley

Rank Wanted : ...This one |D
Male
Animal Info
Mate:
Species : Red Fox/Coyote Hybrid (only 10-25% Coyote)

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Fenris   Fenris EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:17 pm

This is just a little story I made up a while back about a character of mine; Fenris. It's kind of like a history, but it a tad unrealistic so don't take it to legitimately. ^^

I was born in a small den; it was just me and Tor. Our mother, Hali was always out hunting for us since we had no father anymore. As far as I can remember she was silver, with hints of black in her fur. All I remember of father is he was brown, and left us shortly after we were born. Tor was black, with golden eyes, whereas I was white with bright green eyes.
One day a horrible storm settled on the little valley of our home, violent winds were accompanied by bright flashes of lightning, and the loud boom of thunder. The lightning lit up our whole den, revealing the frightened faces of Tor and I. Hali had left us to hunt a while earlier, but a while turned into days. Nearly a week later Tor and I were weak with hunger, we had just started eating solid food but still knew not of hunting. I looked to Tor and it was like we both knew we had to leave. We emerged from the den, searching for food. We walked slowly, warily eyeing the dark forest that loomed ahead. I was frightened, but Tor was calm. "Why are you such a coward?" Tor mocked me.
"I...I'm not!" I replied, shaking. Tor slumped to the ground and I knew she was using the sight, a power she possessed to see through the eyes of birds. I whimpered and huddled close, scared to be alone. After a few minutes of silence, Tor stirred.
"This way" She barked, running off. I ran after her, looking around at the forest. By the time we stopped we were panting hard, tired from running. Tor had led us to a small fawn carcass, plenty of food for the two of us. She tore in, and I joined in beside her. After our bellies were full, we dozed in the grass. We slept that night huddled to each other for warmth.
The next day we went off to explore, I felt bolder, and tried showing off by jumping up at butterflies and swatting leaves. We were playing in the underbrush when a large pack of wolves was upon us. We scrambled up and ran as fast as our puppy legs would carry us, but it wasn't fast enough. The wolves surrounded me, but Tor was gone. I felt betrayed, so I sat there awaiting my death. Instead of killing me, the Dragga roughly picked me up in his jaws and started walking off, the pack following.
I could do nothing but dangle there, fearing for my life. Many days passed, and at all times I was surrounded by the large brutes of the pack. At last we came upon a den area, muddy and covered in weeds, it was anything but pleasant. A small Drappa appeared from the den, two scrawny pups close behind her. The Dragga dropped me, and I hit the ground with a thud. One of the pups approached me and I growled a warning. The Drappa then jumped at me, "Do not dare harm my pups," she growled.
"You can't tell me what not to do! You're not my mother, "I smartly replied. She just rolled her eyes and turned to her mate.
"Is this the one Sylvania?" The Dragga asked his mate, nuzzling her affectionately.
"Looks to be," She replied coldly. She withdrew from his affection, clearly annoyed. She glanced back at me and growled, and I sat there ignoring her.
"There was a black one to!" another wolf piped in, proud of his find.
"You idiots! I told you to bring them both," Sylvania snapped, furiously. I perked my ears at the discussion of Tor.
"Then you should let me go, if you need Tor to, she is far away." I said, trying to make my escape. The Dragga looked annoyed and jumped forward, clamping his jaws on my tail. I yelped in pain, dangling by my tail.
"Put him in the fox den Dar, I don't want to see the little nuisance." Sylvania snorted. With that Dar took me to an abandoned fox den. He dropped me and pushed me in with his paw and moved a large rock to block my exit. I wrinkled my nose, the scent of fox still strong. I looked around and whimpered, not knowing how to get out.
"Why am I here? Where's Tor? Why me?" I asked myself, shaking. I franticly began scratching at the dirt, trying to unearth the rock. After an hour of this my little muscles were tired. I lay down and succumbed to sleep. I spent many days in the den, with no food or water. I awoke every morning to my growling stomach. At last one day the Dragga moved a rock and dropped a small squirrel in front of me. I immediately tore in, eating the whole thing, all but the bone.
"You may come out, but watch who you talk to" He growled before walking away. I walk in the sunlight, blinking at the sudden brightness. A wolf approached and I glowered, my green eyes flamed with mistrust.
"I am ordered to be your guard," he said in a bored tone. I could hear a river nearby and walked over, jumping in the cold water. I went under, cleaning my white coat of the dirt from lying in the den. I stopped to look at my reflection and faint red markings where beginning to appear on my face. The guard saw me and without delay picked me up and dropped me in front of the Drappa. "There is something unnatural about this wolf; those markings are like no others I have seen. At first I thought he was odd because of those long legs, but now this," He said, fear evident in his voice.
"Yes, I know Bray. This is why I wanted him, but I never imagined they would appear so soon." Sylvania said, staring at me intently.
I took the opportunity to speak up. "I want to know why I'm here," The Drappa got a strange look in her eyes.
You will know soon enough little one." She said her voice more calm and soothing.
"I want to know now," I whined, stomping my paw.
The Drappa looked annoyed again. "Fine, first you must tell me your name"
I didn't think it mattered to give out my name, so I replied, "Fenris." I looked at her, and then saw a shocked look cross her face.
"Is you sister Tor?" She demanded, talking close to me.
"Yes, how do you know?" I asked, backing up. I was very wary of this wolf; she seemed to know more of me than I.
Sylvania turned her head and muttered something I couldn't make out, it sounded like, "The gods have been re-born." She then looked back at me, "I think I must tell you Fenris." She walked into a small clearing and sat down, gesturing for me to do the same. "Little one, you know of the gods, Fenris and Tor? Your mother must have told you," she said, looking at me, but not at the same time.
"No, my mother was much too busy to tell us old pup's tales," I said, sticking my nose in the air. Inside I was secretly yearning to know of these gods with my name.
"Well, Tor is the moon, and Fenris the sun," she started. "It is said that every 1000 moon cycles they are re-born in their true form, the wild wolf. Tor would be black as night, with golden eyes and a Celtic mark as gold as the shadows the moon casts here on earth. Fenris would be white as the sun is bright, with green eyes as green as the grass that prospers under its rays. He would have markings as red as the sun is hot," She continued, stopping to wait for my reaction.
I opened my eyes wide as the story, it fit Tor and I, except Tors mark. That may have changed, it could have been like mine, developing later. "I don't want to be the sun! I want to be a wolf," I huffed.
"Dear, it is not a choice. You won't become the sun until after you pass into the afterlife, but you must do a lot to prepare for your destiny. It is said that Tor possess the sight, and you my dear no one knows, only that it's something. Some say the power to control animals, others emotions, and others still the elements. Have you any powers young one?" She asked me calmly.
"I…I don't know, Tor does have the sight though," I said, trying to take all this information in. I looked down ashamed, "I am nothing but a coward, Tor told me so."
The Drappa growled, "you are no coward; you will live to become one of the greatest wolves that walked this earth. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently." She then walked away, leaving me in the clearing. My head swirled with confusion.
"I don't want this; I want to just be normal!" I cried out, to get no answer. I just wanted to be away from this mean pack, back in the warm den, snuggled next to Tor and Mother. I went back to the fox den and curled up to sleep. I slept for days, only waking when a wolf brought me food. I woke up in the middle of the night, and it was pouring rain. I looked outside and knew I had to leave. I walked out into the black night, stopping to look at the den, with the happy family sleeping inside. I sighed and continued on my way, heading for where Tor and I were separated.
I ran for days on end, no food, only stopping to sleep or drink. At last I came upon the spot where I last saw Tor. I could find no scent; the rain had washed all traces of life away. I suddenly felt so alone, I wandered aimlessly and chanced upon our old den. The sight that awaited me was shocking. I saw my mother, dead, her throat bloody. I whined, lying down with my head on her back. I slept like that all through the night. I woke and turned to say my farewell, I touched my nose to her head. Suddenly a ring of flowers appeared around her. I jumped back, "Elements." I mouthed. I spent days wondering what it all meant, finally I came back to reality and tried to hunt. I was still a small pup four or five months of age, and had never been taught. After hours of stalking a rabbit, I prevailed and caught it. After I ate I went back to deep thinking.
A few days after, I found myself stalking a squirrel and I saw a strange glow coming from deep in the forest. I followed the light and came upon a group of stone dens. I looked around in awe, the huge dens with glowing heat inside. I walked into the clearing to investigate. Out of nowhere, a strange animal on two legs came running and grunting at me. I cowered, showing submission. The kept coming at me and I felt my belly hit the ground, trying to make myself smaller. The animal, I later learned to call man, took a stick and hit my side, knocking the wind out of me. I yelped and tried to run but they caught up and put a rough, twisted vine around my neck. They tugged at the other end and dragged me to a stone den. I looked around, seeing a lot of other animals in cages. They smelt and talked like wolves, but looked funny. I was put in a small cage with two other animals, they where short and scruffy, brown and black. "What are you?" I asked, stepping forward.
"We are German Shepherds of course," The male answered.
"How dare you filthy pup question us," The female scoffed, kicking dust in my face.
I coughed, shaking my head, "I'm sorry, I have never heard of German Shepherds." I looked up at their faces, which were long and slim, unlike a wolf.
"Why, you are a very undereducated dog indeed," The male said, holding his nose in the air.
"Dog?" I asked quizzically. I tilted my head, standing next to the dogs. I was as tall as their shoulder, but I would only be half as large as a wolf by now.
"Are you not even aware you're a dog?" asked the female, eyeing me closely.
"No, I'm a wild wolf," I said proudly, raising my tail. The dogs them cowered, backing to the back of the cage, pining themselves against a wall. "What?" I asked, stepping forward.
"Don't come near us you mangy wild beast!" they shouted in union.
I looked at them, hurt. "I'm only a pup, I didn't choose to be like this," I said, my voice rising to a deafening growl. I thought of becoming a god and a sudden rush of anger swept over me. I lunged at the male wolf, sinking my teeth into his tender neck. As I let go he wheezed, the life leaving him. I then turned toward the female, baring my bloodied teeth.
"No, please," she whined. I attacked her, and stood back. I came back to reality and saw the two corpses lying on the floor. I lowered my head in shame, regretting what I had done. I turned around, and saw a group of man looking through the cage bars. They had genuine fear covering their faces. I growled, and they scrambled away.
Days had passed; no one came to feed me. I had become weak and skinny. My coat was a pale yellow due to lack of care, the other dogs across the way would always bully me. At last a small girl came to the bars of my prison. I pulled myself off the ground, and then realized she bore no food. I growled slightly, but she didn't leave. I slowly inched forward and she reached into the bars of the cage and stroked my fur. I tensed and a low growl ripped through my teeth. She jerked her hand away and ran off. I was alone again and whimpered, my belly aching. I woke every morning with starvation staring me in the face.
After the torture of no food for weeks, I woke up to the fresh scent of meat. I jumped up and saw a whole leg of an elk lying in my cage. I ate every bit of meat, and then sucked the bone for marrow. A man came with a stick, like the one I was struck with when they first brought me here. He poked it through the cage bars, jabbing me repeatedly. I growled, biting the stick, but it was solid and wouldn't break. This process continued, I would get food and a man would come and jab me. It got to the point where I growled before he even approached. I grew older during my time in the cage; I was a huge wolf now. The markings in my body had become a fiery red. The humans feared me; my appearance assured bad things in their mind. A swelling amount of hate burned inside me.
I would only receive food at night, after I had fallen into deep slumber a man would drop some scraps in my prison. At last I thought of a way to escape. I laid awake one night, curled back in the dark shadows of the cell; waiting, watching. When he finally came, I waited until the perfect time and lunged for his exposed arm. I soared out of the shadows all he has was a flash of white and the burning anger in my eyes. I ripped into his thin arm, shaking my head violently. He yelled in pain, summoning others they repeatedly jabbed me with sticks but I held my grip firm. I sunk my teeth in until I could feel the bone just below my teeth. I closed my eyes briefly before snapping my jaw down fast, snapping the bone. I jumped back licking my lips, the man tried to run but his blood spilled everywhere and it willed me to continue. I tensed before leaping up once more, this time going for the kill. I closed my jaws, but didn't get a good grip but managed to hold on. I knew the fight was over before it ended. I bit down harder and harder until the man slumped to the floor, blood pooling under my paws.
I let go and ran for freedom, only looking back once to see the humans gathering dogs. I had the advantage, my long legs and natural instincts easily had the mangy, inbred dogs beat by a lot. I had been kept in confinement for so long though, I was out of shape and still had a lot of the clumsiness pups have. Despite the trouble I pushed on, my legs numb and chest heaving with the effort. I could clearly hear the dogs throaty barks behind me, a long with the humans screeching. I ran all through that night and the next day, fear keeping me from stopping.
When I hadn't heard the bark of tame dogs for a long while, I stopped, panting heavily. I staggered forward dizzily before collapsing in a heap. I laid unconcisous for I don't know how long before I awoke to the feeling of something nudging my side. I snapped my head up and snarled menacingly, still focusing my sight. I heard a muffled whine, obviously one of submission. I kept growling low in my throat, seeing it was just another wolf. The brown and black wolf looked young, too young to be on it's own. I pivoted my head, glancing around expecting to see a pack of wolves ready to ambush me. "What do you want?" I asked gruffly, achingly getting to my feet.
"I..I'm Koby" The wolf, male, whined, cowering after I stood, surprised by my size. "Sir.. you should rest I saw you run in here and collapse like that. I just woke you to offer you some fo..food" He explained, looking to the right hinting at a large elk calf. "I'll be off now.." He added quickly, shuffling backwards away.
"Wait" I barked sternly, sitting down after seeing the wolf no threat. "Tell me why you would want to help me."
"I don't know, I ain't ever seen a wolf near as odd looking as you. Caught my eye, I'd give for a mighty fine coat as that and to be near as big as you" He answered, not as scared of me. "You looked real tired too, and scrawny as a skeleton. I figured you were hungry and wasn't in no shape to hunt"
"Thanks for the food, and you don't want to be me. The name's Fenris, nice to meet you Koby" I said, my voice coming off very demeaning. I didn't know how to act 'nice' so I wasn't trying but I seemed pretty mean. "I don't mind if you stick around, but you have a pack to get to so off with you"
"Oh, no sir I ain't got a pack. I left already and been wandering ever since. I'd like if I could stay, show you around the place. You reek of them humans so I assumed you been living there and don't know much about being a wild wolf" He said, guessing my story nearly to the point.
"No pack, you look young enough to be living in the den with your mother." I said, my head falling to a tilt in confusion. "Anyway, yeah I was caught as a pup by those humans" I growled at the memory, "Finally got away. Your the first wolf I've ever been on good terms with besides my sister and.. my mother" I added, my tone softening, the short time with this wolf already bringing me out of the cloud of artificial hate.
"I'll have you know sir I'm nearly 8 months old, I was taught to hunt early, and had a real talent for it. Since I can fend for myself I left my pack not even a few days ago. What's age matter anyway?" Koby stated boldly. "Sorry you got caught up with them humans, but your out now and I'll stay" He added in a happier tone.
"Stop calling me sir, I'm scarcley a year old." I explained before standing and shuffling over to the carcass, my legs stiff from overworking myself by running away. Koby didn't answer and I was ok with that.
After a few weeks of living alongside Koby I had broken out of my hateful outer shell and revealed my sincere, nice side to Koby. And myself for that matter. At night I always imagined being back home with Tor and mother, sometimes even picturing Koby as Tor, the two of us laughing and playing like pups. One day I went of to explore while Koby hunted. He taught me and I realized the amazing hunter he was, I took a natural skill for it as well.
While exploring I found a large river and stooped for a drink. With the current I picked up and scent, odd bu familiar. I wrinkled my nose in confusion before deciding to persue it. I loped quickly upstream, following the river. As the scent became stronger I slowed and peeked through some foliage. Sitting on the river bank was a black she-wolf, a gold symbol on her shoulder. Without a second thought I burst out of teh bushes and tackled the wolf, grinning from ear to ear. "Tor!" I barked happily, wagging my tail furiously. It took her a long while to recognize me, with my odd markings.
"F..Fenris?" She asked cautisouly, a look of shock on her face. I nodded furiously and she seemed to grow with happiness, returning the grin and wagging of tails. After a short reunion we heard a howl and Tor seemed to detatch herself. "I have to go Fenris.. sorry. I'll be sure to return!" She said as farwell before disapearing. I whined quietly and sat there, looking at my reflection in the water.
All of a sudden Koby walked into the clearing, bouncing around happily, as always. "Where ya' been?" He asked, stopping for a moment and pawed at my ears, having to rear back on his back legs.
"Just walking" I muttered, pushing past and walking back to our makeshift den. Koby didn't question me further but willingly followed behind.
I spent the better part of the year with Koby, I was around 2 years old, maybe a bit less and strong as ever. The hate and horror that possessed me only a year ago gone for good. I began to forget about it, but got a reminder as vivid as a slap in the face every now and again. This reminder was the mysterious power to control elements. I couldn't control it and it came around whenever I felt deep emotion, sometimes something small, like a flower blooming or once I even caused a small avalanche. The power's unpredictable nature frustrated me. Koby learned of it quickly, and was always there to help me out.
Koby and I had become great friends, brothers nearly. He told me all about his dreams of starting a pack of his own, I shared my dreams of becoming normal. Not long after and strange she-wolf named Kira met us, and joined our little group. We lived as a trio for scarcley a few months before Kira gave birth to a litter of 4 pups. I could tell Koby was overjoyed to be a father and knew he was going to stop traveling and settle down now. He and Kira offered for me to aid them as an Elite, but I had to refuse. It didn't feel right being in a pack, even the thought of it. Not while Tor is still alive.
I departed the couple, a heavy heart and saddened eyes. I hated to leave my dear friend but knew I had to. They names one pup after me and I was sure I wasn't going to be forgotten. Afterall, I'm the 'Wolf brought back from the dead' as Koby would say.
After becoming a loner I devoted my time and effort to finding Tor again. I remembered the pack scent she carried with her and searched far and wide for the territory they claimed. Once I found the boundry I stopped for the night, wanting to be well rested for the next day.
I woke the next day with an odd feeling in my gut. I got up and looked around warily, walking a few yards before the wind was knocked out of me. I fell to the ground in surprise and looked up, my lips curling into a silent snarl. A brown wolf nearly my size stood before me, pinning me to the ground. "Hello son" He laughed sinisterly, baing his fangs.
"Father?" I asked, tense but scared. Images and memories of him flashed through my mind, for the breif time he was there. I remember lots of arguing and harsh words between him and my mother, and since I feared him.
"You've no right to call me that" He snapped, clipping my shoulder with his teeth. "You weren't supposed to live, I killed your mother to make sure of your deaths" He sneered. I narrowed my eyes, a lifetime's worth of hate building.
"You killed my mother?!" I snarled, finding the strength somewhere to through him off and tower over him. "You" I growled loudly, my anger to the boiling point. "Well then, wolf, your about to meet the same fate as her" I panted, the anger overcoming all else, going into a blind rage, tearing at fur and bone, tearing into muscle and tendon. I could faintly hear the muffled, blood curdling screams as my own father perished beneath my tooth and claw. He struck out in vain, gashing my hide in some places, but stood no chance. A single bolt of lightning struck ground nearby, a result of my horrible rage. When I finally calmed down I walked away, holding my head high. I felt as if I accomplished something, avenging my mothers death.
I entered the pack territory warily, luckily finding Tor alone before I ran into any strange wolves. I barked softly beckoning her to come and she willingly crept over. "Time to make a life for ourselves, robbed of puphood and nearly sanity, time we lived for the first time" I said and she seemed to have a mutual understanding. Then we let out paws take us and we ran off in search of a home. We eventually found a nice area. We both agreed starting a pack would help us escape our destiny as 'gods.' So we did, and the Green Escape Pack began.
Marking my third year into the perviously dark and sinister world I had been reunited with my sister, avenged my mother's death, and begun a pack. Members, other wolves found Tor and I's home and we prospered, a good sized pack we were. Some of the more prominent members of our pack's lifetime included: Sabria, one of the first members, and a very trusted one at that. Corlissa, lovely she-wolf who later became Grand Elite, leading alongside myself. Soul Eater, trusted member, later revealed as my own half brother. Permafrost, wonderful wolf, trusted as any.
After a long while of ruling the Romanian lands, I found my lifelong partner, Corlissa. Shortly before I found out from Soul Eater, a good friend we were in fact half brothers, sharing a father. Koby was kin to Soul, therefore also a brother. Corlissa and I made a desecion to move the pack, all the way across the seas to New Zealand. We travelled aboard a cargo ship and arrived after a long while of travel.
We began a new life, our old packmates all joined us and we made a life well in the tropical area. Not too long after arriving, Corlissa gave birth to 6 lively pups, which made life a little hectic. Sabria had also recently passed, but otherwise the pack was still strong. Faye, Tyson, Cyclone, Chrysantha, Eli, and Litia. 6 pups arriving after one loss.
To this day I'm still living out my life in New Zealand, but Tyson passed away leaving only 5 of the pups. But we're still sticking strong.
To be continued as long as I live...

Pretty lulzy, so yea xD
Back to top Go down
https://cascadingborealis.rpg-board.net
Night
Pack Friend
Night

Rank Wanted : Protector
Female
Animal Info
Mate: N/A
Species : Grey Wolf

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenris   Fenris EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

affraid wow this is amazingly long! But I love it! ^^
Great job Rie! (My new nickname for ya)
Back to top Go down
Glisten
Healer
Glisten

Rank Wanted : Advisor in the future
Female

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenris   Fenris EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:49 am

Woah, took a long time but I managed it!
It's verry good and great job too.
Back to top Go down
Riley
First in Command
Riley

Rank Wanted : ...This one |D
Male
Animal Info
Mate:
Species : Red Fox/Coyote Hybrid (only 10-25% Coyote)

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenris   Fenris EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Haha thanks, I wrote this nearly two years ago so I have improved since then but I still think its good \o/
Back to top Go down
https://cascadingborealis.rpg-board.net
Glisten
Healer
Glisten

Rank Wanted : Advisor in the future
Female

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenris   Fenris EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Well it's very good even so, I'd love to see some of your new stuff.
Back to top Go down
River
Explorer
River

Rank Wanted : Explorer
Female
Animal Info
Mate: No one...
Species : Fox x fennec fox

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenris   Fenris EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 am

Lol, awesome story! I'm so jealous, I would love to be in a story xD lol nvm, one day it will happen, you know... When Im not such a pain in the butt to people •~•
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fenris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fenris   Fenris Empty

Back to top Go down

Fenris
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cascading Borealis Pack :: Member Things :: Literature-
Jump to: